2017-2018 Invest in Excellence Campaign
Invest in Excellence is the PTSO’s only fundraiser. It is a straightforward request for a tax-deductible donation in lieu of any third-party or social event fundraising. Invest money is used to support academic needs at WHS. In the past, the generous donations from parents have enabled the school to purchase
Invest in Excellence Disbursement of $17,000.00
· Science Department requests equipment including 4 Vernier LabQuest Probes to be used across
science disciplines: UVB sensors, CO2 sensors, pH sensors, Turbidity Sensors, a resonance tube, and beakers.
· English Department requests purchasing additional textbooks and first hand resources for curriculum
· Business/Marketing Department requests Personal Finance and Budgeting software.
· Art Department requests standing easels (6), Music stands (18), and Lighting instruments for auditorium (8).
· Math Department requests text books for calculus and pre-calculus, rulers, paper for project use.
· Social Studies Department requests world flags, posters, videos.
· ROTC requests 2 standalone pull up bar systems
· Physical Education requests repairs to the Fitness Lab equipment.
· Language Arts requests language lab software upgrades
· Professional Development – AP Training
· Membership: Your one-time donation to Invest in Excellence automatically includes a $20 membership to the PTSO. Membership monies (along with the money generated from Harris Teeter’s VIC card and Publix Rewards Program) are important for covering our expenses for staff appreciation, care & concern, outreach, graduation, operating, and scholarships. (“Senior Events” is self-supporting through donations from senior parents.)
MAKE A DONATION
To donate to Invest in Excellence/Membership, pay Senior Events dues, or order a Senior Warrior sign, please click button below: (Please note that there is a $10 minimum allowance for online donations due to the fees charged through PayPal. If you want to give less than $10, please download the form below. Thank you for understanding.)
(For a downloadable/printable Invest form,
please click here)